Pages

Friday, May 22, 2020

10 facts about cats whiskers

1.Cats use whiskers to measure if they are big enough to fit through a gap because the cat’s whiskers
are about the same width as itself.


2.Cats usually have about 12 whiskers on each side of its nose.


3.Cats have excellent long distance vision, but they are not so good at seeing things close up.


4.Cats have front leg whiskers .


5.A happy and relaxed cat has whiskers that stick straight out from it’s face.


6.If it sees something interesting that might be good for dinner, those whiskers point forward.


 7.If a cat is afraid of something, it’s  whiskers go backwards, making the face  look smaller and less threatening.


8. A cat can sneak up on a mouse without bumping into the leg of a chair. 


9.A cat's whisker’s roots go down deep to the cat's face, where nerves pick up messages
and send them to the brain.


10.If a cat catches a rat, the whiskers on its front leg allows it to know exactly what the rat is doing.


Cat Got Your Tongue image by Janet Evans | Crazy cats, Pets cats, Cats

1 comment:

  1. This week i have been working on 10 facts about a cats whiskers but some facts are not really about whiskers so hop you learn some facts.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post!