Pages

Friday, May 7, 2021

Tanwha problem

Hello viewers our WALT for reading this week is evaluate ideas and information in a narrative text. My first create task I don't know what it is by the second create task is to change the ending of the story. I will show you that first create task first and i'm gonna introduce the characters and the problem and all that stuff. I will you my last create task it was imagine you are a police officer you are interviewing the main character come up with 5 questions you would ask. Then write what they character would answer it can be as creative as you like but it must remain connected to the original story and I think i did pretty well I like that create task the most. Hope you enjoy!!!

The story i read was Taniwha Trouble and the character in the book was the children, Mr Blackadder and Mrs pinkney.
The story was set in a school
And the problem was the heaters was burping and rumbling because there was a Taniwha inside it. How they solved it is by calling Mr Blackadder to fix it. He is the school caretaker he can fix any problems. And at last he got the Taniwha out of the heater lucky it was just a small one he let the children look but one student was the only one who did not see it. THE END

And here are the complementary text and challenging text i want put the full text in but i will describe. 

challenging text 
A long time ago there was two Taniwhas called Ngake and Whataitai Ngake lived in the south of the lake and Whataitai lived in the north of the lake. Ngake nature is energetic and ferocious. Whataitai dreamed about the ocean trying hard to imagine the secret it held. As time went past the Taniwhas grew and grew.

The second create task

I am making my own ending of the story Taniwha problem.

So at the end of the story it was a small Taniwha and the main character could not see it so that's about the last paragraph.

Finally Mr Blackadder go it out it was a HUGE one the size of a Chromebook and every one could see it and they made it a pet for the class so if they are bored they can feed it.Then it had eggs then the whole class can get one and bring it home but the mother remains as a pet so every day the students can pet it everyday.

The reason why I changed it like this is because I wanted it to be BIG so everyone can see it but one student could not see the Taniwha so I feel like if it was bigger than everyone can see it. I made it to have babies then everyone gets one home so you can feed it yourself so you can treat it what ever way you want.

Now for the last create task enjoy!

The 5 question and the 5 answers!


Noah, was it scary that there was a Taniwha in the heater? 

Mr Blackadder, were you surprised that there was a Taniwha in the heater?

Noah, why did you think it was a Taniwha? 

Mrs Pinkney, how do you think the Taniwha got in the heater?

Mr Blackadder, what feeling do you think the Taniwha is going through?


The answer 

Noah answers it was not that scary even though it was the first time a Taniwha got inside our heater. The Taniwha was little and it was so cute so we were not that worried.


Mr Blackadder says yeah i was super surprised for 1 second i thought that was a joke but turns out it was actually real it slipped right out of the pipe now we are taking care of it.


Noah says because this happened at my old school and it made the same noise so I thought it was a Taniwha and it was.


Mrs Pinkney i was probably because there was a leak because it was underground and then the Taniwha managed to somehow get in the pipes or maybe there's a whole city of Taniwhas in the pipes.


Mr Blackadder says it was probably glad and happy or maybe mad because there family might be in there or he might be scared seeing the human world for the first time 


did you like it?

what do you think i could change?

anyways that's it for the post see you next post!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lucas, I love the ending of your story. Can you imagine if we had a pet Taniwha in the classroom? I don't know that we would have enough room for one. I like the ending of your story. What will your class do with all of the Taniwha eggs?

    Thanks Miss F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Miss Ferguson, thank you for the comment anyways with all the eggs they have they will probably give it to the other class and so they can have a pet as well thank you for commenting!

      a hark working child -Lucas

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post!