Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2021

Olympic reading

 Hello viewers and in this weeks blog was the same as last week but we had to choose a different Olympians and since I only watched tables tennis I watched him so i said to my self why not choose him. anyways this weeks WALT is locate and summarize important info from a range of related texts. the first create task is to choose I Olympian and then write info about him.

The second create task is typing fact about the country you choose for Olympics I choose china because it is my home country and I want to learn some facts about my country and some cool things my country did the in Olympics we had to write 20 facts at first but then we just had to blog it so I did about 15 or so facts abut china Olympics. hopefully you lean something like I did in the Olympics did this on a google drawing I really enjoyed doing this and researching about china and what they competed in the Olympics. it was really sad to watch that china came second in Olympics but it is what it is can't complain. this was quite hard trying to get 20 facts about china because you really can't think of any facts the first couple is just the one I know and then the other ones was of of google. I learnt lots and I hope you learn lots as well you can check other people blogs from my school and hopefully they did another country.

20 facts about China 

China Came second in the 2020 Olympics (2021)

China won 88 medals including 38 gold 32 bronze and 18 bronze 

China won 635 medals in the Olympics in it’s live time  

China’s most powerful sports are water jumping, table tennis and a bit of biking 

The first Olympics the Chinese people joined was the summer 1953 Olympics

The country china did not compete in the Olympics until 1980 

Hong Kong was separated from china as another country in the Olympics 

China has been celebrating the Olympics since 1984

Sprinter Liu Changchun was the first athlete to represent China in competition at the 1932 Olympics in Los Angeles.

Xu Haifeng won China's first Olympic gold medal in 1984.

Beijing will be the only city in the world to ever organize both a summer and winter Olympics

The People's Republic of China hosted the Games one time the summer Olympics in Beijing in 2008

China is ranked 5th with all medals together 

The most medals one person in china has got is 7

China has won the Olympics in 2008 


Hope you enjoyed the information see you in the next blog post!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lucas,
    I learnt lots from your blog post - Thank you! Love how you've included an action shot of Ma Long, look at his concentration! I like watching table tennis too, but it happens so fast.. I really enjoyed watching the diving too, they are very talented. I hope you've been active during lockdown, perhaps you could tell us what you've been up to.
    Stay safe :)


    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post!