Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2020

Facts about Polar bear



Polar bears are big white and fury 
They have two to 3 inch of fat to keep them warm while they are swimming. Male polar bears can
reach up to 3 meters while standing. Polar bears have black skin and they have transparent fur, and
if they are covered in yellow it is seal oil. Polar bears have sharp claws and teeth to bite its prey



Polar bears eat all sorts of food that is different. They eat seals and they get sea oil on them,
sometimes fish if they can find them. They even eat penguin because  penguin live in the antarctic  



Polar bears live near the antarctic. They also live in Norway but 80% of the Polar bears live in Canada.
They live in dens to keep warm and some live in the United States. They live in ice places so they can
dig dens for themselves. The last place I know is Greenland. 



all polar bears are born in dens they stay in their mother's dens for 3 months. Other adult males
sometimes kill the male cubs. That's why at a very young age they learn to protect themselves and
hunt for food. Cubs only give birth in winter because summer is too dangerous  because the ice is
meted so it is very hard to find food. But sometimes winter is dangerous because of wolves. The
babies are actually called cubs because if we call them baby it is like humans baby that is why we call
them cubs. 


bye Lucas
Polar Bear | National Geographic

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lucas
    Thanks for sharing your report on Polar Bears.I did not know they were under such threat from global warming. I like the way you have used a topic sentence to introduce each new paragraph. What are you most proud of in your report?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi
      I think i am most proud of the characteristics part which is the start because I learned facts about Polar bears to i did not know they have back skin or transparent fur and that is why the characteristics part is my most proud.

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post!