Pages

Friday, November 20, 2020

My writing

 hello this s my writing task for this week. Read it through and enjoy.


Lungs

Lungs are a very important part of your body without lungs you can not live. You use lungs every day and

it helps you breathe, you breathe about 20,000 times a day. And lungs force you to breathe carbon dioxide is

also what we need because it is air. This is how they work. 


First you breathe in and absorb the oxygen from the atmosphere then inside your lungs there is a

sort of sponge with millions and millions of tiny air spaces called alveoli. Then in the inside of the alveoli

oxygen is absorbed and will be sent all around the body. Then theses little pockets inside the lung have a

huge surface area, which will allow large amount of oxygen to be absorbed 


Then if you breathe out, you expel the harmful carbon dioxide that your body already used and doesn't

need anymore carbon dioxide; this is a waste product. It is formed during the energy making process that

happens inside our body. The process of exchanging carbon dioxide for oxygen in a body's cell is respiration.


If you hold your breath long, the amount of carbon dioxide in your blood will rise. All humans have enough

oxygen in their body to keep us alive. Although, the build-up of carbon dioxide will trigger a signal in your

body, forcing us to breathe well before the air/oxygen runs out 


A little glossary 

Carbon dioxide (air)

Harmful (something that can hurt you)

Atmosphere (the earth's atmosphere is around the earth which is some sort of gas)

Absorb (something that takes it and disappears like something going into something.)


did you like it? dig you lean something? great if you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post!