Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2021

Matariki reading tasks

Hello viewers this weeks is the start to Matariki new year so we did some create tasks about that. Our WALT was to sumarise and analyse ideas and info from different texts. we did not have books we just have create tasks. It will not be high quality work like I usually do because was doing some student summit thing with some other people (you will know what it is if you looked at my previous post.) My favorite part of the week is the word search it was hard because it was thankfully I did it. then I did the Venn diagram about my celebration and the Maori celebration Anyways enjoy my post 

The first task

Video #1:

  • girl Heaney and another girl that has

  • no name 

  • The 7 sisters and the mother and

  • father

  • Matariki appeared because they were

  • to annoying so the parents gave them

  • a job and that's how they appeared 

  • There job was to tell the people that

  • there's a new year 

  • Every time a star is blocking it

  • means bad luck









Video #2:

  • The biggest star is Matariki also the

  • name of the group 

  • When the stars show then the way

  • the celebrate is by gathering food

  • and harvesting food

  • The main fact is that 











Te Papa Website: 

you can see Matariki yourself


Matariki had different names all Around the

world


Matariki is a star cluster, not a constellation


Matariki is one of the star clusters nearest to

earth



Celebrating Puanga at Ramanui:

Astronomers has come along for the

evening

Paul has bought is telescope with him.

All the kids have turn looking through the

telescope and seeing the night sky and the

stars. Paul talks to the children about the

stars

and Puanga will not appear until tomorrow. The
children download a app to see what star they
are looking at

This is my second create task 

Maori Glossary


Korero is a way to talk or speak to someone


Whanau is getting together as a family


Maramataka is a calendar they use a long time ago which is the sun


Waitī  is one of the stars


Whetu is stars


Pipiri is the first lunar month of the Maori new year


Wairua is a spirit or soul


kai is food 


Constellation The Pleiades is a famous star constellation


Here is a photo of my word search.

My last create task  



That's it for this weeks blog hopefully next weeks blog is better than this weeks. Any ways bye bye  

5 comments:

  1. Hey lucas,
    Its me Blake A.
    Your blog post was amazing and i like how you made a big description and put in the walt. BUTT maybe next time you should put more effort into your venn diagram, What i mean is that it says stay up late in all three parts of it.
    Blake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ok good advice I will use it

      Delete
    2. Ok cool
      butt you should really not rush it!
      LOL
      - Blake

      Delete
  2. hello lucas i think you did a great job on your create task I also like how you did a very good walt maybe next time you should make the can do more clear like your word search it was hard to see what it said

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lucas Bilal here Your blog post was interesting and cool, somehow I wonder that maybe if you do a picture make it a little bigger when you're editing it but you're overall blog post was great! Hope you have a good day (^W^)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post!